ECON427 – Economic Planning
Instructor: Pairach Piboonrungroj, PhD
Class time: Tuesday and Friday (Sec 001 13:00 – 14:30 hr., Sec 701 14:00-16:00 hr.)
Office hour: Tuesday and Friday 16:00 – 17:00 hr.
Types, methods and applications of planning. Concepts and significance of economic planning as relevant to economic development. Economic planning of Thailand. A survey of different approaches to economic planning in some other countries.
- To understand types, methods and applications of planning. Concepts and significance of economic planning as relevant to economic development
- To explore economic planning of Thailand
- To survey of different approaches to economic planning in some other countries.
Dates and Time:
- Section 01: Tuesday and Friday 13:00 – 14:30 hr. (ECB 3201 and Online via Zoom)
- Section 701: Tuesday and Friday 14:30 – 16:00 hr. (Fully Online via Zoom)
- Economic Policy: Theory and Practice (2010) by Agnès Bénassy-Quéré, Benoît Coeuré, Pierre Jacquet, and Jean Pisani-Ferry. Oxford University Press.
- Economics in the Time of COVID-19. (2020) Edited by Richard Baldwin and Beatrice Weder di Mauro
- Thailand Economic Report by The World Bank
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) by United Nation
- Related Research Articles provided in MS Team and Canvas
- MS Team for Communication and Material Sharing
- Recorded classes (Lectures: http://www.pairach.com/econ427)
Slides (Google slides)
1. Concept of Economic Policy
10. Tax Policy