BAM2011: Meet the Editors
Group & Organization Management
- The published paper should be up to the level which decided by reviewers
- Firstly screen
British Journal of Management
- Sent the paper if it is substantial. Even it is not, please also send them and the journal will tell you how to make it so.
- All back-log papers were published last year, so if your paper accepted
- First journal that publish the review
- 300 submission last year
- Reject quite a lot. 10% accepted
- Don’t tick the box “empirical works” in the Scholar One system
- Also publish other materials that related to your work online to help
Qualitative Journal on Organization Studies (???)
- Also publish some quantitative works
- Also interested in special issues
Journal of Managent Studies
- Top 2 in UK and EU
- 2000 submissions a year
- Worldwide Editorial Board, UK EU USA & Asia
- What we are looking for
– Rigour -> literature, Method. Present
– Relevant -> current debate , policies
– What make papers really interesting _> Don’t make readers sleepy
– Area: Strategic, Entrepreneurship, HRM, Organization Psychology
- A conference celebrate the 58th year of the journal (the lodest in the MGMT field)
Q & A
Q: Journal Ranking?
- Maintain Quality of the journal first and the rest will take care themselves.
- Not only looking to the rank of the journal only but should submit your work to the RIGHT journal
- Before submit to the journal, please read the mission and description of the journal.
Q: Contribution of review paper? -> IJMR
A: Not just a summary but raise the Methodological issues, Future trends of the subject